I think it was about 2 years ago when I got my first jury summons. I wasn’t sure what to expect but based on some friends’ stories I had a pretty good idea I could be in for a long day. I decided to go prepared and have some fun with my sketchbook. That’s how this alphabet idea got started. I’ve tried a couple of times to get back to it and I just haven’t been able to finish it until now. It took me several days and a lot of rework but it’s finally done.
The original idea is slightly tweaked because originally I wanted more detail and no black outline around the letters. I wanted just the flowers to make the shape of each letter on their own. But I realize the proportions needed to be kept manageable for cutting and that meant making the flowers larger. When the flowers are larger there’s too much white space around the borders and some letters start getting unrecognizable. I think I’ve reached a good compromise and kept the letters at a reasonable level of detail. This floral alphabet is the first piece of my new signature collection. I’ll share more about that in the coming weeks.
While I get all the relevant files set up for cutting, I’m happy that I managed to upload all of them to my Society6 shop where personalized items can be ordered. I need a mug of my own. I’m undecided between the P or the Z — maybe I’ll just get both!
Needless to say, I feel like this was definitely a productive week/weekend.
Update: The Floral Alphabet is now available as SVG files here!